Winter is finally here! Winter is very pleasant, fresh, and charming. We cannot ignore the fact that this winter season has an ugly side too.
A sudden drop in temperature brings with it health issues.
Here are some of the illnesses, symptoms, and preventions of the winter season
1. Common cold:
We ignore it as something that is a part of the changing season. But it should not be ignored.
- Burning sensation in eyes
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Low-grade fever
- Chest congestion
- Take plenty of rest
- Have home-cooked food
- Drink plenty of water and other fluids
Flu is not as serious as the common cold. Even though should not be ignored. It can last up to 6 to 7 days.
- Cough and cold
- Body pain
- Pain in ear
- Itchy eye
- keep your mouth and nose covered while sneezing and coughing.
- Respiratory hygiene is important.
- Eat immunity-boosting food
- Maintain enough distance from the person suffering from the same
Norovirus is another way called the winter vomiting bug that infects the stomach. This can affect people of all ages. And this is very common in the winter season.
- Stomach pain
- You should wash your food properly before cooking.
- You should practice proper hand and oral hygiene.
4. Strep Throat:
Strep throat is caused by a bacterial infection. It is quite common among school-going kids.
- Sore throat
- Pain in throat
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Difficulty swallowing
- Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Drink warm fluids
- Gargle, the moment you feel soreness in your throat
- Wash your hands before eating
It is caused by the Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) that mainly affects children. It is an infection of the respiratory tract.
- Difficulty breathing
- Low to high-grade fever
- Keeping yourself hydrated by drinking lots of fluid
- Washing your hands properly to prevent further contamination