Kidney pain is one of the most severe pains. The intensity of pain is so high to give the patient a tough time. Studies show that females are more prone to kidney infections. There are certain home remedies for kidney pain that offer instant and prolonged relief. These DIY home remedies for kidney pain are very easy. Also, you easily get all the ingredients in your kitchen for the remedies mentioned below.
Take a look at the best natural remedies for kidney pain:
Tomato juice is also very effective in treating kidney pain. Tomato juice helps in clearing kidney stones and infections. You can use tomato either as tomato juice or as tomato plaster.
- Tomato juice: Blend tomatoes in a blender to extract the juice. Have the juice before taking meal and immediately follow it by a glass of water to clear any infection. Follow this remedy regularly.
- Tomato plaster: Chop tomatoes and keep them on a thick cotton cloth. Wrap the finely chopped tomato pieces in a cloth. Lie don straight and keep the cloth on your back until the pain is relieved. It is one of the most sought after home remedies for kidney pain.
- Parsley Tea
Parsley is rich in diuretic properties that multiply urine output and hence, flush out the toxins. It can be used externally as well as internally to subside kidney pain. It possesses anti- viral properties that clear all the bacteria that lead to infection.
- All you need to do is to chop a bunch of parsley.
- Take 4 tablespoon of parsley and add it to boiling water.
- Take the water off the heat and cover the pan to let it steep for over 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea after 20 minutes and drink.
- You can drink this tea cold or hot, as per your choice.
- Take it about four times every week.
One thing to keep in mind is that, do not drink this tea if you are expecting a baby.
- Sage and Peppermint Tea
Teas are the best DIY home remedies for kidney pain. Sage and peppermint tea does wonder to heal kidney pain. Sage is rich in volatile oils that contain therapeutic properties like astringent, anti- septic and relaxing effects. When sage and peppermint are mixed, they offer instant relief from pain and spasm.
- Take a tablespoon of sage and peppermint leaves and pour hot water over them.
- Cover the pan with lid.
- Let it cool for some time and then strain the tea.
- Have it 2 to 3 times a day for about three months.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is a mandatory ingredient in many home remedies that consent to beauty but, the wonders of lemon juice not restrict to only one area. It is also a great remedy for health especially for kidney health.
Lemon is rich in acetic acid which helps in breaking and dissolving kidney stones. It acts a cleanser that removes all the toxins as well as stones that lead to pain.
There are two methods to use lemon to treat kidney pain:
- Take a glass of water and squeeze a lemon in it. Have this the first thing every morning on an empty stomach.
- Take four tablespoons of lemon juice and four tablespoons of olive oil. Mix both of them well and drink to get relief.
Follow the remedy only if you can digest this hefty amount of oil.
Basil is one of the oldest and most effective natural remedies for kidney. It has diuretic and detoxifying properties. Also, basil has pain reducing properties.
- Take basil juice and honey in equal amount.
- Mix them and consume.
Follow this remedy for about four months regularly to cure kidney pain.
- Watermelon seed tea
This tea is an excellent diuretic. It flushes bladder and kidney and stimulate kidneys.
- Take a teaspoon of cut or ground watermelon seeds.
- Pour boiling water over them and steep for few minutes.
- Now, allow it to cool and strain.
- Drink this tea once a day for about three days in a week to relieve kidney pain.
- Nettle Tea
Nettle also possesses amazing diuretic properties. It increases urinary output and also keeps away kidney stones. Nettle tea is also very effective in treating kidney inflammation and also relieves pain in the joints that occurs due to increase uric acid levels in the blood.
- Take dried nettle leaves; about two to three teaspoons.
- Take a cup of boiled or hot water and place the nettle leaves in the water.
- Cover the pot with a lid and let it steep for at least 10 to 5 minutes.
- Now, strain the tea.
- Have this tea about three times a day regularly to get best results.