Water is an essential component for the effective functioning of our body. Approximately 50 to 70% of our body mass is made up of water, including skin, tissues, cells and the organs.
- Lack of water in the body can cause constipation, asthma, allergy, hypertension, migraine and many other health problems.
- Water is required to process all the nutrients from the food we eat and carry the assimilated nutrients to the cells by circulating through the lymphatic system.
- Water staves off dehydration. Dehydration is a condition in which the body doesn’t have enough water to support the vital functions.
- Every day we lose water through perspiration, urine, breath and bowel movements. Thus, it is important to replenish the body by drinking water and consuming beverages and foods that contain water.
- Water removes toxins and waste products from the body thereby cleansing it.
Check out this Infographic to know more Health Benefits of Drinking Water