Dandruff is a common Scalp disorder, also known as seborrheic dermatitis. It occurs due to factors like dry skin, irritated oily skin, the growth of bacteria and fungus on the scalp, inflammatory skin conditions.Generally, it causes itchiness along with the excessive formation of dry skin flakes on the scalp. People with dandruff usually experiences irritation and redness on the scalp. In certain cases the scales becomes more infected, leading to red patches, painful and discharge of pus and fluid too.
How does dandruff occur?
The major causes of dandruff are a misuse of dandruff solutions, emotional stress, improper hair washes, and dandruff associated with skin problems.
Best 5 Natural Home Remedies for Dandruff Treatment
In order to treat dandruff, follow the best 5 natural home remedies. Dandruff can be controlled by proper treatment followed with Best Natural Home Remedies for Hair. This treatment best suits to everyone as they will be no side effects. We can prepare natural dandruff solutions at home with best available ingredients.
Here is the list of Top 5 Best Natural Home Remedies for Dandruff Control
- Fenugreek Seeds
The herb fenugreek helps in controlling dandruff to a great extent as it has anti-fungal and soothing properties. Follow these 4 steps to prepare and apply this natural
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds have to be soaked in water overnight. In the morning, grind them into a fine paste. You can also add a few teaspoons of plain yogurt to it.
- Apply the paste all over your scalp and leave it for a few hours.
- Rinse it out and shampoo your hair.
- Use this remedy once or twice a week.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has anti-fungal property. It helps in eliminating dandruff, also moisturizes dry scalp and provides relief from itching. Follow these 4 steps to prepare and apply this natural dandruff solution.
- Take some coconut oil in a bowl and mix half the amount of lemon juice in it.
- Rub it on your scalp and massage for a few minutes.
- Wash your hair after 20 minutes.
- Follow this remedy two to three times a week.
- Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has anti-fungal property. It contains acids that fight the fungi causing dandruff. It helps in relieving itching on the scalp. Follow these 4 steps to prepare and apply this natural dandruff solution.
- Mix the juice of half a lemon in one-quarter cup of plain yogurt.
- Apply it on your hair and scalp. Leave it on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off and shampooing your hair.
- Alternatively, you can simply massage your scalp with a few teaspoons of lemon juice mixed with a little water.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes before rinsing it out and shampooing your hair.
- White Vinegar
Vinegar has acetic acid that helps to prevent the growth of fungi on your scalp and relieves itching. White Vinegar is one of the best home treatment for dandruff. Follow these 4 steps to prepare and apply this natural dandruff solution
- Add one-half cup of vinegar to two cups of water.
- Rinse your hair with this mixture after shampooing your hair.
- Massage your scalp with a mixture of white vinegar – two parts, olive oil – one part and water – three parts.
- After 10 minutes, rinse it off and shampoo your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Indian Lilac
Indian Lilac, also known as Neem has antifungal and anti-bacterial properties. It helps to treat dandruff along with other hair problems such as scalp acne, itchy scalp and hair loss. Follow these 3 steps to prepare and apply this natural dandruff solution.
- Boil a handful of neem leaves in four cups of water.
- Cool and strain the solution.
- Now this decoction can be used as a hair rinse for two or three times a week.
Follow any of these natural remedies once or twice a week. Control dandruff by following a healthy hair care routine such as trying simple natural home remedies. In fact, natural remedies take time to show results but they can effectively treat the hair problems totally.