The sore throats result in itchiness, pain and irritation of the throat where the person who has it can have difficulties in the swallowing, whether it is food or liquids. The pain gets even worse when the person tries to swallow and is the first symptom of the sore throats.
Causes for Sore Throats?
- By some pollution from the outside
- By some allergens and dry air, flu, measles, cold, mononucleosis, chickenpox and more.
How the Sore Throats can be treated in children and infants?
Here are some tips on how to treat the sore throats at children and infants.
- Children under 1 year should not consume honey.
- Avoid giving juices to the children
The prevention consists of staying away from those who are already infected with the sore throats.
- Avoid contacts with people who have strep throat, flu.
- Washing of the hands frequently is definitely mandatory.
- Avoid spicy foods.
5 Best Natural Remedies that can help in the treatment of the Sore Throats
- Salt Water
- The throat hurts because the mucous membranes have swollen and become painful due to the inflammation.
- It is commonly known that doing gargles few times daily is a good natural remedy for the sore throats. It can also prevent swelling.
- According to some research projects it was proved that warm salty water helps in soothing the throat and shattering the secretions in it.
- It is also proved that the bacteria that is inside the throat is killed with the salty water.
- You can make it by adding a teaspoon of salt in 1 glass of warm water
- Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
- The mixture of ACV drink is commonly known in the natural treatment of sore throats.
- You can mix apple cider vinegar with garlic and the bacteria will be killed efficiently.
- Do not drink it while is still warm
- When the honey is mixed in tea it is the perfect remedy for the sore throats.
- It is also recommended to use the honey before going to sleep because it has better effects during night time.
- The honey also helps in the healing of the sores in shorter period of time
- Hot Toddy
- You can make easily a hot toddy and enjoy in the effects while drinking it.
- The mixture of lemon and honey will sooth your throat and can also help you to sleep, but need to be careful with the alcohol.
You can eat the fenugreek, literally. It has a lot of health benefits for the human organism and can be used in many ways.
- The oil, the seeds and a tea can be made from the fenugreek and used in the treatment of throat sores.
- This natural remedy reduces the pain, the inflammation, the presence of bacteria in the throat and the irritation. Can have antifungal properties as well.